CITY UNION BANK LIMITED
City Union Bank was incorporated on 31 October 1904 as "The Kumbakonam Bank". The bank at first preferred the role of a regional bank and slowly but firmly built for itself a place in the Thanjavur of the Delta District.
The company started its first branch in Mannargud on January 24, 1930. After this the company began to create a series of branches in Nagapattinam, Tiruvarur, Sannanallur,Tirukattupalli, Manapparai, Mayuram and Porayar within period of 25 years .In 1957 the bank assumed assets and liabilities of Common Wealth Bank. Due to this five branches of Common Wealth Bank located in Aduthurai, Kodavasal, Valangaiman, Jayankondacholopuram and Ariyalur were transferred to City Union Bank.In April 1965 two banks were merged, namely 'The City Forward Bank' and 'The Union Bank', and the name of the bank was changed to 'The Kumbakonam City Union Bank'. In November 1965 CUBL established its first branch in Madras. Because of these six more branches add to the existing one.In December of 1987 the name of bank was changed to present one. Today, the Bank has a network of 196 branches throughout the country.
Products and services:
Personal Banking - Under this City Union Bank offers a wide range of products and services such as savings accounts, deposit scheme, mortgage loans, education loans, debit card and many more.
NRI banking- Offers products and services such as deposits, remittances and other services such as the provision of PAN assistance and locker services.