THE MUNICIPAL COOPERATIVE BANK LIMITED
The Bank was registered under the Cooperative Societies Act in 1952 and began operating from April 1953.The late Shri B.K. Patel, ICS, former City Commissary, was the principal architect of this Institution that he founded in 1952. Shri Patel with his high sense of public service gathered around him a band of disinterested employees of the Municipality and convinced them that through the effort.
Cooperative municipal employees could help not only themselves and others in financial difficulties but could also educate and assist them in building credit.Thus inspired by high ideals for the improvement of the economic and material well-being of civic employees, the Bank was launched with the modest beginning.