THE SURAT DISTRICT COOPERATIVE BANK LIMITED
The first decade of the century 20th era are very important in the history of cooperation of the entire country and the province of Surat as well. Many cooperative enterprises have begun during this period. First Co.op. Society and recorded in Surat district in Degam, Chikhli Taluka on 05.23.1906 (now in Bulsar) area.
In 1909, with the efforts of the late Shri B.A.Modi Late Shri K.G.Desai. Surat Co.op. area (Urban) Western Co. Ltd., was registered in 17.06.1909. The institution later known as Al-DISTRICT CO.OP. BANK LTD.
In 1921, this was a community with a number of banking activities in terms of absolute value. In 1923 and Surat area Co.op. It has been transferred (Urban) and Western in Surat district Co.op. Bank Limited, to extend the work to the entire area of Surat, which was 21 talukas and spacious work area with geographical variation. The coastal region, which included the city of Surat and towns such as Navasari - Bulsar - Bilimora, fertile flat land and a large tribal area with hills and dense forests.
Surat vast area in1965 has been divided and separated Bulsar area. At present there are 15 talukas in Surat County, nine of them in the tribal region.
The Bank is an independent management for the Advancement of Agriculture since 1944, and has become a central agency to coordinate an effective and smooth flow of finance to the cooperative sector in the region.