TUMKUR GRAIN MERCHANTS COOPERATIVE BANK LIMITED
Tumkur Grain Merchants Co-operative Bank Ltd is a leading company in the West Urban Cooperative in the country, working with its headquarters in Tumkur, the bank promoted by grain traders from the city of Tumkur and established in 12/13/1963.
Between 1950 and the city of Tumkur 60 has been developed as a major center for business Karnataka. In that period, the city has attracted many traders and class industries. In this period the growth of large traders in the city is facing a lack of facilities and banking services sound, as is the case in those days, and a few of the nationalized banks operating in the city and that there are also a lot of imbalances in their service to customers. By observing this pathetic state, a leader in Tumkur Lanka traders also discussed the name of Parshwanath known, Sri N R Jagadeesh, Sri T N Kempahonnaiah, Sri Gubbi Huchhappa and others, decided to open an urban cooperative bank in the city.
In the following years, the bank has witnessed significant growth in the cooperative banking sector along with its objectives. Since its inception, it has been a significant growth was recorded in the bank each year. The Bank is also being social obligations. In 1987 the bank received a license from the Reserve Bank of India, Mumbai.