Retail store chains like Walmart are a go-to for many when it comes to fashion, accessories, household items and what not. While shopping, it may so happen that when your about to step up for checkout, the salesperson pitches an offer to save 10% or 20% on your purchases by applying for a store branded credit card.
Unfortunately, many store credit cards render stupendously high interest rate and low minimum payments which eventually nullify the discount in the end. So you always wonder: Is the card worth it? Can it really help in saving some bucks? We aim to answer that in this Walmart credit card review, where we will outline its benefits, rewards program, fees, drawbacks and much more.
Walmart, the biggest American retail corporation operates a chain of hypermarkets focused on delivering low price consumer goods across its 6000 plus stores throughout the country.
If you’re a Walmart devotee, you probably might have landed across their custom branded credit cards. The Walmart credit card extends several benefits that might seem fascinating to customers who frequently shop at the retail giant. By the end of this review, you should have a clear idea If this is a card worth rolling eyes on.
Table Of Contents
Walmart Credit Cards – The basics
Basically, Walmart offers two distinct credit cards: The Walmart credit card and Walmart MasterCard.
Both the cards embrace similar features, except for few main differences. The Walmart MasterCard being connected globally, can be used at any location where MasterCard is accepted. On the contrary, the Walmart credit cards are valid only for in-store and online purchases at Walmart and affiliated stores, such as, Murphy USA gas stations and Sam’s club stores. Another noteworthy difference is that Walmart MasterCard holders can avail cash advances while Walmart credit card users are ineligible for this facility.
In order to get approved for the MasterCard version, potential applicants needs to have good or excellent credit score. Most likely, you’ll have to settle down for the Walmart Credit Card if you have a fair credit history. There’s only one Walmart credit card application for both cards, however, you don’t get to choose between the two. Based on your creditworthiness, Walmart will judge you whether you qualify for a MasterCard account of Type 1, 2 or 3. With account type 3 having the highest APR while account 1 corresponds to lowest. It is recommended to have a credit score of at least 650 to get approved for the Walmart MasterCard. Summarizing it, these cards include,
- Zero annual fee.
- Regular APR of 18.9% to 24.9% (v).
- Recommended credit score: 650 for Walmart MasterCard and as low as 550 for the regular store credit card.
There’s no transfer intro APR as balance transfer is forbidden on these credit cards.
Check wells fargo routing number of All States 🇺🇸.
Walmart credit card benefits & features
Walmart rewards its loyal customers with tons of special sales, promotional bonus and discount coupons. It offers benefits that may make it worth your while if you’re a Walmart obsessed shopper.
Lets break down the important Walmart credit card features.
|Walmart MasterCard||Walmart Store credit card|
|Main cashback benefits||· 3% on Walmart online
· 2% on Murphy’s USA and Walmart gas stations.
· 1% everywhere MasterCard is accepted
|· 3% on walmart.com
· 2% on Murphy’s USA and Walmart gas stations.
· 1% on Walmart and partner stores.
|Late fee||Upto $38||Upto $38|
|Foreign transaction fee||3%||Not Applicable|
|Interest free period||23 days||23 days|
The benefits of Walmart credit card are great for a cash back card if you’re fan of online shopping, as you’ll save even more than when you purchase at the store. On approval the cardholder are automatically registered for the 3-2-1 save cashback program, which lets you to earn rewards on your every purchase. Under the rewards program, Walmart will give you:
- Flat 3% off at walmart.com
- 2% off on Murphy’s USA and Walmart fuel purchases (except Murphy’s express).
- 1% off at Walmart physical stores, Neighbourhood markets, Sam’s Club and everywhere MasterCard is accepted.
You get a flat 3% discount on purchases made at Walmart website and Walmart mobile application. This includes item/grocery pickup and delivery services, only if paid online through your card. Products provided by third parties such as Walmart checks pull 1% cashback reward. There is no limit on the amount of rewards you can earn, moreover, they don’t expire as long as your account remains in then required criterion. You will receive a monthly statement credit for rewards earned in that month, nevertheless, no statement will be issued if your bills are past due.
Since there’s zero annual fee, this cards offer a good overall value without cancelling your savings. Also, as an introductory bonus, both credit cards provide $25 statement credit if you spend $25 at Walmart within 24 hours of account approval.
On the other hand, you can also perform timely free online FICO credit score checks each month just by signing up for the electronic statements. Thus you can save upto 20 bucks that other companies charge to check your score. These cards are also equipped with special fraud protection system to prevent unauthorized and illegal usage of your credit card.
Both cards have access to occasional in-store special financing options. This enables cardholders to finance larger purchases for either 6 or 12 months. To avail 6 month financing option the total purchase must be between $150 and $299, while you can finance your purchase for 12 months if your cart value exceeds this figure.
How to apply for Walmart credit card?
Walmart facilitates the customers with a seamless 4-way application process. You can either submit your application form online or at the store, including Walmart jewellery kiosk. There’s a single application process for both credit cards, although, Walmart decides which one you qualify for, depending on your creditworthiness.
- To apply for Walmart credit card online, click on the Apply now link on the Walmart website. Alternatively , you can just click here.
- Now you will be prompted to sign in to your Walmart account, if you don’t have one, you can register here.
- After signing in, fill in all the required details like name, address, phone number and email.
- Now enter your date of birth, annual income and social security number. You will also have to list your monthly mortgage and rent payments, drivers licence number as a part of verification process.
- Once you’ve fill all the details carefully, click on ‘submit’ to end Walmart credit card application process.
You can apply for the credit card at nearest Walmart store. You need to provide a valid government ID along with your current credit card. Once approved, a temporary credit card valid for 24 hours will be issued, which can be used only at that particular store. A permanent version will be shipped to you within 7 to 10 days of approval.
Click Belk Credit Card to Check Your Belk Credit.
Walmart credit card login
Walmart credit card login or Walmart MasterCard login enables you to check your Walmart credit card rewards, balance, pay bills etc. This step by step process will guide you on how to make Walmart credit card login.
- Visit Synchrony bank site to open the Walmart credit card login page by clicking here.
- Now enter your user ID and password in the respective fields carefully
- Check the remember user ID box if you want to save your details for future sessions.
- Finally, click on the secure login button. If the information provided is accurate, you will be redirected to your credit card account.
Make Walmart credit card payment
Walmart makes it easy for credit card holders to pay their Walmart credit card bills, both online and offline. The process is simple and guarantee safe processing of all your credit card payments.
- ONLINE: To make Walmart credit card online payment, login to your credit card account and click on bill payment option. Enter the required information to proceed to pay your bill online.
- Phone: You can pay Walmart credit card bill by calling either 1866-611-1148 or 1877-294-7880 (for store based credit card)
- Mail: You can mail your payment checks to Walmart, PO Box 530927, Atlanta, GA 30353 0927
- In-store: You can simply visit the nearest Walmart store or jewellery kiosk to make your Walmart credit card bill payment.
The Walmart credit card definitely offers its loyal customers a chance to make great saving while shopping for usual household items. It also serves a valuable deal on fuelling at Walmart and murphy’s USA gas stations. However, be careful! If you loose pace on payments, the high interest APR and fees can hurt your savings immediately. Also, the 1% reward rate on shopping at physical store is on par with what most store card offers.
Eventually, if you purchase at Walmart less often, you might want to consider other generic cashback credit card options available.
Pay Your Wall Mart Credit By Clicking on ➡️ walmart credit card pay
Q1. How does Walmart credit card work?
A1. Simply swipe in your card at the time of purchase and the 3.2.1 cashback offer is automatically applied.
Q2. Who issues Walmart credit card?
A2.BLike many other credit cards, both these cards are issued by synchrony bank.
Q3. What is Walmart credit card customer card phone number?
A3. You can reach Walmart credit services at 1-877-294-7880, representatives are available at your service 24 hours a day throughout the week.
Q4. How long does it take to get Walmart credit card?
A4. If you have submitted your Walmart credit card application online and are approved, you will be able to shop online instantly. The physical credit card will be shipped to your address in 7-10 business days. If the delivery is delayed further, you can call Walmart credit services on the above mentioned phone number.
Q5. How to activate Walmart credit card?
A5. You can activate your credit card online in a simple and hassle free way. Login to your Walmart credit card account here, once done, you will be asked to enter your 16 digit card number, expiry date, social security number and PIN. Click on submit to activate your card successfully.
Alternatively, you can also activate your credit card by calling 1-877-362-5952, after a series of verification questions, your card will be activate